Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tool Time

Haley let me know that my blog would be included in the feature about her kitchen so I decided to copy and paste some of my posts from my old blog over to this one since I didn’t have time to rewrite everything. The counter tops and cabinet were built when I was married so I did edit a few things in those posts to remove the guilty so to speak. Winking smile 

A post about getting started on the kitchen cabinet.

Tool Time

I bought a table saw! It was an exciting day for me! A girl that lives in our neighborhood read my blog and saw the projects that I have worked on and asked up to build a cabinet for her kitchen that they are remodeling. After meeting with her and seeing what we had in mind I knew we would be able to get it done and I was excited. On Sat Haley and I went up to Cullman, AL  to Southern Accents and they had some of the coolest stuff! I knew they had a lot of reclaimed wood but I thought it was all off site in a huge gym so we were surprised to see they have a wood shop on site and a bunch of wood in the back. The owner was out at the gym with other customers so we had to wait for him to get back to the store to give us prices and cut the wood down so it would fit in my car. We got a fantastic deal on the wood for the face of the cabinet because Haley wanted rough reclaimed wood. The rest of the frame we built with plywood to save money and make sure it was very sturdy.
2011-10-13_16-12-11_872
The new toy. It matches my miter saw.
2011-10-13_16-12-29_84
2011-10-13_18-27-13_130
Three drawers on each side and doors in the middle.
2011-10-13_12-22-01_852
The wood needs to be cleaned up but it’s really pretty. I can’t wait to see if finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment